Planning My Next Holiday



I intend to head off to France next May for several weeks and will base myself in the gorgeous market town of Bergerac in the south-west of France and located on the banks of the Dordogne river. It is not too far from Spain and, besides getting to know the towns and villages around Bergerac, I shall visit that other vibrant country to the south of France on weekends and partake in its culture, cuisine and vino. I first glimpsed Bergerac last year while watching the Tour de France cycle race and, after checking it out, I decided that this commune with its superb Bordeaux-style wines and local traditional market would be ideal for me to chill out and immerse myself in that laid-back French provincial way of life and, at the same time, ameliorate my colloquial French.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eschif de Creyssac

Mons 2

Tournai