Bordeaux 5

I began the day at the Place de la Victoire, an enormous animated square where there is another masive gate, La Porte d'Aquitaine, errcted in 1753. From there I went to the Chartrons district and walked around this former grand commercial area with its stately 18th century manions such as l'Hotel Fenwick. This grand residence with two pavillons on top for observing the shipping movements in the port was built in 1796 for the American Consul. Nearby was the Église Saint-Louis with its stunning neo-gothic twin belfries culminating at 58 metres. This was my last day in this beautiful city and what a wonderful time I have had wandering around. Tomorrow I head back to Bergerac to spend a couple of days with my friend, Katy, before flying to Brussels. I have mentioned Bergerac previously so my next post will be from Brussels in 3 or 4 days.







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eschif de Creyssac

Mons 2

Tournai